Zombie nets, possible bug?

I already explained to you that hidden power pins (like the ones of your symbol) are global labels. This is why there is a connection. You need to change the symbol to use visible power pins and connect them properly.

In this case the plus pin of U14 will connect to any other symbol that has a VCC hidden pin. This can be a power symbol or another symbol that is implemented in the same manner. I would assume that you have some other symbol also with a hidden VCC pin somewhere that is connected to +5V_DIG.

2 Likes

Ok I understand what you are saying now, I did not generate any of the symbols with hidden power pins they came straight from the KiCad library and are a foreign concept to me I will regenerate the symbols with visible power pins and suggest that no one expends any more effort on this until I have done that. Thank you for your assistance.

Robert

Back when version 4 was the current version i wrote up a tutorial that explains how one can easily convert such a symbol into one with visible power pins: IC footprint VCC+GND

The v5 symbol editor has a slightly different interface. The general workflow described is however still basically the same. If you need help with the v5 symbol editor then maybe take a look at: Tutorial: How to make a symbol (KiCad v5.1.x)

1 Like

Thank you Rene, I have generated symbols with visible power pins and updated the board and all the nets are now correct but I will check out your tutorial, again thanks to everyone who has tried to help, iā€™m a little bit further up the KiCad learning curve.
Robert

Dead tree technology works very well without any sort of power.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.