XBEE symbol library

Hi, I’m very new to KiCAD and have been hunting high and low for an XBEE library symbol/footprint - would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Try: https://github.com/search?q=xbee+kicad

Usually I do not spend much time searching for schematic symbols or Footprints.
KiCad’s built in Editors are quite good and easy to use and usually I just make my own symbols and footprints.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, I will use this as an opportunity to learn how to do it :+1:

1 Like

Since it sounds like you haven’t made your own symbols and footprints before, you might want to check out the two tutorials from the FAQ area on this site:

Good luck, and if you have any problems feel free to ask after you’ve looked through the FAQ and searched the forum. (Please open a new thread for each issue to help future people who may have the same issue that you run across.)

1 Like

The KiCad Library contains a symbol (RF_ZigBee:XBee_SMT) and footprint (RF_Module:Digi_XBee_SMT) for the SMT version of XBee, but not for the THT version.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot that I actually made a symbol for the through-hole XBee module a while back:

xbee-tht.zip (968 Bytes)

I never used it, so you’ll want to double check it and make sure it’s correct. And I never got around to making a footprint to go along with it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.