Winbuilder error "can't find _pcbnew.pyd" [SOLVED]

Yes, I noticed that, too. You have to start from a clean install; you can’t just change the setenv.bat on an old, failed kicad build directory. But, once you make the setenv change and rebuild from scratch, further incremental rebuilds will work.

Well I’m trying this again now and after trying to open setenv.bat in Notepad I found it impossible to read. even with word wrap on. Then I opened it with ‘Wordpad’ and everything became so much easier to read and follow. So I pasted the ‘SET PYTHONPATH… etc’ line that ‘devbisme’ posted and hey presto, Winbuilder is currently building Kicad. Ok. It’s taken the past 3 hrs to build and its only at 54% but it’s looking good so far. Just hope I haven’t jinxed it now lol

Hi.
I tried the above fix but the line in the setenv is already the one you provided.
The compile gives me the exact same message.
I started from a freshly unzipped archive.

Any clue ?

Hi jnat,
I did it several times since my last post and it worked for me. But I’ll do it right now again, just to make sure nothing has changed. Takes some time …

Ok, I tried again and it worked … I can’t get what I did wrong on the previous attempts …
Sorry about that.

Thanks for your quick and kind answer !

You’re welcome. That’s the modern computer age. If one of the billion code lines has an hickup … :wink: