Why there is no Gnd and power in copper zone

I am studying pcb designing in Kicad after the tutorial in youtube , then i made a simple circuit of xc6206p302mr .
When i go to add filled zones ,i found there is no Gnd and 5v power in copper zone properties . I uped the video to show my puzzle .

https://i.loli.net/2019/02/17/5c68dcdfc84c1.png
Am i just too stupid to have done some thing wrong ? I tried in my hackingtosh mac os and win10 , and it is the same.
there is my zip file of xc6206p302mr circuit (in google drive, for as a newer ,i can’t upload here )

It seems like its because you made your own symbols with built in power flags, I am not sure myself how to fix your specific symbols, but replacing them with the stock ones shows the correct net.

Hi , i don’t know what you means " replacing them with the stock ones shows the correct net " .

I’m not entirely sure why when you seemed to select them from the correct part of the menu, but when I delete your power symbols and add fresh from my 5.0.2 kicad, they then show up correctly on the netlist and PCB, On your PCB, the nets are there, just not named correctly,

Yes , i replaced the fresh (unedited ) power symbols with the old ones in the sch and them the zones show normally .
The reason why i edited the electrical type of the pin in 5v symbol from ‘Power input’ to ‘passive’ and from ‘output’ to ‘passive’ in Gnd , is that when i run electrical rules checking , the power symbols show error " [Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it ". After editing the pin’s electrical type , the error will disappear.
Should i just ignore the error when i got the netlist and copper zones correct ,or is there any other way to avoid the electrical rules checking error ?

add the “Power Flag” component to ground and 5V, this will tell kicad that these 2 nets are powered, and will pass ERC,

This power flag business is an idiot check to make sure all your devices are powered.

1 Like

yes , then the electrical rules checking was passed and the copper zones works normally .
Thank you so much ,I am just a rookie . I’d appreciate it. A good day for you .

There are some very helpful FAQ topics (see menu bar in this forum) including this ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it which gives you more details on your problem.

To give you more details why your power symbols did not work:

In kicad power symbols are implemented a bit hacky. They use invisible power input pins which makes them into a global label with the net name taken from the pin name. In addition they force you to declare where power comes from
(error type 3 -> solution: there must be a power output pin somewhere on the net. Either the symbol for your power supply has a power output pin or you need to use the pwr_flag symbol. See link posted by @John_Pateman for more details.)

A bit more detail about how to create personal power symbols is given here: Tutorial: How to make a symbol (KiCad v5.1.x)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.