What are the key new features for V6

Woops. I fixed it

If you refer to <version> above in the settings folder name, it’s only major.minor, not .bugfix let alone any extra string. The point being that the settings file formats (i.e. what settings they can contain) should stay stable within each major.minor version. 6.0.0 can read settings written by 6.0.7.

Bit of a bummer. Just found a nice overview of Everything done (ongoing, pending) for V6 and now I see that eelik already posted a link to (almost) the same list.

https://gitlab.com/groups/kicad/code/-/milestones/600-rc1?title=6.0.0-rc1
[Edit:] Removed some silliness which I only posted in a brain fart moment and should not have posted.

No, the 74% is not a reliable measure of the progress. Many of the larger changes may not have an issue related to them, so they aren’t measured in that.

2 Likes

It’s also a bit deceiving because there not a direct correlation between number of issues and time.

Some of the issues might take 200 hours of development time, others 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Mind you also people may contribute other improvements outside those listed. I myself have a few things I’m kicking around.

/me goes back to writing another arbitrary highlight blog post for next week

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.