V7 first impressions…

Hi, after trying it out for a few hours it’s impressing what you guys have performed with Kicad 7. It’s fast and quite easy to use, maybe will take some time with the new net classes things which seems now to clutter the schematics, but probably I do it wrong so far… the “attempt to finish” thing in the PCB editor is a great start of something probably much better soon, when you also add the possibility to choose auto vias to another layer, to actually finish the route, not only the attempt… Thrilling stuff.

1 Like

Indeed,
KiCad’s development has been accelerating for the last few years, and the Post-v6 new features and development news has 86 posts, and I guess between 60 to 70 new features, and that is just from a single year of development. That is an average of more then one new feature every week and it is thoroughly impressive.

Several of the new features are still a bit rough, but I expect new ideas for improving them to drip in on gitlab, and a lot of them to be implemented (but possibly in some other form) to further refine KiCad.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.