Utilizing a Homogeneous part across different hierarchical sheets

I am trying to layout a project which contains a lm339 op amp with four lm211 operational amplifiers. I want to use the different lm211s in the lm339 on different hierarchical sheets. When I put them all on the first sheet, they are annotated U?A, U?B,…,U?D where I am allowed to edit the U? mark, but not the suffix. When I enter the different lm211s on different sheets, I keep getting U?A for all of them. If I set them all to U1, then the drc checker barfs saying that I have parts which have non-unique numbers.

Found that I was able to get the problem fixed in the following way.

1. remove annotation from all units so that they read U?
    (this can be done by double clicking on reference, clarifying you are choosing reference, and then pressing e for edit)
  2. make sure that the values for all units are the same. I was actually wanting to use the lm139 varient of the lm 339, and so all of the values of all of the units were set to lm139.
  3. Click annotate button
  4. As I didn’t want anything else annotated (as they had already been annotated), I chose keep current annotation, and just annotate new parts.
  5. check all comparitors (okay, technically they aren’t op-amps) to make sure they were annotated correctly, and they were…

Even better answer… Right Click the component. Should get a context menu with the fourth option being edit component. From edit component, there will be a second context menu with the fifth option being unit with a right arrow. Clicking on this reveals a drop down list with the different options for that homogenous package. Click the box next to the option that you would prefer. For example, if the component lists A, and you want D, just right click->edit component->unit->box next to D. The component will immediately change to UxD. Happy layout!!!