Using KiCad_sharp

I’ve been trying to build a pcb of multiple LEDs in various circular positions, so that I can change the dia once I’ve posistions items, drawn the tracks etc in Pcbnew.

This C library seems to fit the bill, see KiCad_sharp. However I’m not a programmer So struggling to do anything with it.

Has anyone used this library? If yes any pointers?

Regards
Daniel Mac

Well python scripting might be a better option. As an example see Python Scripting Example: Studio Clock However be aware that kicads python API might have changed since that was posted

You might want want to try Place footprints action plugin. If the leds are annotated sequentialy it should work.

2 Likes

It’s C# not C, but that may or not matter. If you are not a programmer, I guess C# or Python are not much use to you.

I was able to run Kicad_sharp with Visual Studio Community 2015, but it has hardcoded paths to libraries which may not match your installation.

Sample PCB from kicad_sharp

Thanks for your response. I haven’t tried either of the above. I have been using the placement script by kevincuzner that places items on Pcbnew, but doesn’ do anything with tracks as far as I’m aware. I’ll have a closer look at the both the abve refs.

No users of this sharp library?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.