Tried controlling an RGB LED with one transistor - and failed

I’ve had dozens of KiCad v5-generated boards produced by multiple Chinese board houses (mostly AllPCB and PCB Win) and never had an issue with Gerbers apart from once when I hadn’t set the solder mask clearance properly - they just fixed it at their end and asked for approval.

1 Like

You are right! This was 6 months ago and I forgot all the details. The tech support guy admitted they had an older version of some software (can’t recall) and they sometimes had trouble. They had to manually unzip and feed one by one. The other places where I priced it (US, Europe, China) never had a problem.

The other issues wasn’t with KiCad but this being my fist foray into PCB design. I did spend an AWFUL lot of time with tech people. They were suggesting changes to angles, wire width, footprint holes etc. And then going back and forth on the components they could source and what I had to send over. I learned a lot of things that are not related to logic but easier manufacturing and future stability. At minimum wage, I think it would have cost me more to pay for their time than the boards themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.