Transforming a schema into a pcb

You have actually applied 5V through a 5K resistor using the LEDs you intend to use? This will result in less than 1ma through the LED.

FreeCad is the MCad of choice for most on people on this forum.

Something like this could do the trick.
R1 might be a bit overkill. (with it and R2 you could divide down the voltage at the gate of Q1. The bss205 i typically use can handle gate voltages of 12V so for it you would not need R1 at all. (R1 can be 0 ohm in that case.))

R2 is there to reliably turn off the transistor while your micro controller (uC) has not yet initialized its pins. (might not really be necessary in your application.)

I only asked not argue as recently I used bright green LEDs for which I have to give 0.5mA to make them not be too bright.

I Tried it and the brightness was ok to me.

I tried to import a dxf file but nothing appears.

And is there a possibility to lock some components and then auto-route while letting the possibility for other components to be placed anywhere ?

Thanks

The tie dots you can see show the connections. Generally avoided is a tie dot on a cross ( ie T is ok) but you have avoided that.

Cleaner is always good.
Extra corners make it harder to scan, and crazy loops (!) like on the bottom left LEDs are easily avoided.
Where lines are similar, (as in those 3 leds) run them adjacent parallel, and use the saved space to spread the others to clearer scan.
You can do quite a bit of corner-reduction on that SCH

Not really, but placement ‘broadly similar’ to the PCB design makes things easier to find.
Usually that means in small clusters of parts, the numbering order is similar.
Tends to happen naturally, but can need some manual help…

KiCad itself does not care about the “neatness” of the schematic.
Humans do, but some care more then others.

This is probably one of your first KiCad projects.
If you are OK with how the schematic looks and just want to make a PCB, then go on with it.

If you want to make comprehensible schematics that you and others can easily read / modify / maintain, then learn to use GND / Vcc symbols and local labels.

Euhm, do you have a connector as a power entry point, or are you suing the power from the arduino board?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.