"Track Posture" '/' no longer works right

The “Track Posture” hot key ‘/’ used to work reliably. But now, if you have started to manually route a track and have clicked the starting point and are part way to an ending point at a pad, the command flips the bias until you have your cursor on the ending pad and then the track will only go one way. The command no longer works when you want to complete the path at the end point.

I also don’t like that feature, but I don’t remember times when it worked differently. I generally hate when program knows better then me what I want :slight_smile:

1 Like

KiCad version? Please use Help -> About -> Copy version info, then paste here.

Indeed, and add whether you’re using the modern, or the obsolete toolset from the: Pcbnew / Preferences menu.

On some systems there still is a Legacy F9] option, but that has been removed for Linux quite some time ago.
That Legacy canvas also does not have the Interactive router that I wrote about in your other thread.

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (5.1.10)-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.5
libcurl/7.71.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1g (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.3.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.3.0) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.41.0
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.73.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.71.0
Compiler: GCC 10.2.0 with C++ ABI 1014

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Try turning off “optimize pad connections” in Route -> Interactive Router Settings.

This should be fixed in 5.99 (you should not have to turn it off to avoid this behavior).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.