To draw discontinuous lines

Hello.

I would like to know, if it is possible to draw dicontinuous lines. For example, imagine a relay with two contacts, and every contact should be drawn in a part of the schematic. For clarification, should be nice to draw a discontinuous line, joing every contact with its coil, for watching quickly, both contacts should be activated by the same coil…

Thank you.

Francisco

Thanks, franzee, by your very quick answer… but, how could I to edit the line properties for choosing the type of line (solid, dashed, dotted,…) and the schematic setup? (I am using the version 5.1.12). Once the pointer is over the line, with the righ buttom mouse, I don´t see any option about the line properties)

I sorry if you see silly my question… I am working only a couple of weeks with KiCad, and I am very happy with the software, it is wonderful.

Best regards,

Francisco

In my KiCad (5.1.12 at Windows 7) right-click at graphic line gives me menu with first position ‘Edit’.:

LineEdit

Are you sure you placed graphic line and not wire?
The tool to place graphic line is visible at my screenshot.

Note that the customisable dash-dot feature mentioned by @mgyger is only in the unstable, development version 6.99( ie the version which will become 7 in a year or so).

Piotr:

You are right, I was drawing with the wire and not with graphical line… I sorry. Maybe the icon about this feature should be better with a discontinuous straight line, instead with a rectangule with discontinuous line… anyway, it was my fault for don´t watching the icon.

I don´t need the customisable dash-dot feature, so I can follow with the current 5.1.12 version.

I am working with KiCad only a couple of weeks, and I am very happy with this tool, it is wonderful.

Thanks to everybody by your support.

Voltio.

1 Like

Welcome @Voltio

The current version is 6.0.0 not 5.1.12

6.99 is in the future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.