Three row DIN 41612 connector symbol?

I am surprised that the Spectrum was using a 2.5mm pitch connector, the DIN41612 was almost universal in those days

I think he’s tryihng to connect a Soviet origin computer to Spectrum accessories; see the photo.

1 Like

Ahhh, an adapter. Now I get it.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for your advice & help. I’ve now been hacking away at several different designs, re-working existing designs (converting from through-hole to SMD), etc. I’ve been wanting to learn Kicad for so long, but just found it hard to get started.

Floodgates have opened!

As for my initial query … see the attached images for my progress. I’m now at the stage of ordering a test batch of PCBs. I started with a DIN41612 footprint but edited it from 2.54mm to 2.5mm pitch.

I managed to secure five of the Soviet-era 2.5mm pitch receptacles from Ukraine … let’s see if the Belarusian Байт (Byte) will work with a modern ZX Spectrum peripheral like the DivMMC.

Thanks again.

Brett.

1 Like

It seems “Cluelessengineer” should change his ID to “Notsocluelessengineer”. :rofl:

Looking forward to a “Success!” update showing all this effort has proved rewarding :slightly_smiling_face:.

Or cluedupengineer? :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.