System requirements for all versions

KiCad is open source software.

You are more than free to download the source of Kicad and it’s dependencies and spend your time making it build and run on Windows XP yourself.

I think going alone to do this task will be crazy.

• I don’t have all require knowledge.
  • I don’t know how the code is designed. Are there some UML documents somewhere ? I didn’t check it.
  • Is there a document that clearly list all limitations for each older OS, I don’t know.
  • In a day of 24 hours, there is only 24 hours.
  • Working 24/24 on this task won’t allow me to live, I need to breath a bit sometimes :upside_down_face:

I’m going to take a wild guess that you are also @ Noel_Tech_addict a brand new user who ranted about android stuff here a few days ago.

It is tiring to see someone joining mere hours ago, and then consuming forum bandwidth on silly rants with dozens of replies.

Perhaps new users should be limited to just a few replies a day.

I don’t know who is @Noel_Tech_addict.
I’m sorry if I’m annoying, this is not I wanted.
Please be clearer.

I would not want this to become forum policy. New users more often come here with questions on solving a problem in KiCad. Obviously, this thread is not that but babies and bathwater.

@DeeJayOne We don’t compile new versions of KiCad for old versions of operating systems. We don’t prevent you from doing so if you so desire. If you want to run XP with something that we compiled, you will need to download KiCad 4.0.7 or earlier.

1 Like

Thanks for the short answer.
I’m not sure beeing welcome here.
It seems some people don’t have enough humor.
Thanks to the FreeCAD team for all work !
Have a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

It isn’t April 1st yet my dude

1 Like

This is going nowhere.