Symbol Libaries are not installing when I install KiCAD

Hello,

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why symbol libraries are not installing and appearing when I install KiCAD in my computer.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled KiCAD 5.1.4, yet the list of libaries as shown below does NOT appear in my symbol libaries, resulting in question mark boxes when ever I open up my schematics.

I know I can download the libaries and manually add each one, but does anyone know why these libaries are not automatically added or installed when I install KiCAD? Does my version of windows have anything to do with it? I currently have windows 10 Home.

Thanks!

KiCAD%20(2)

Are you reinstalling from 4 hence the legacy libraries? Are you opening an old project? There is a FAQ if upgrading from 4 to 5.

1 Like

The topic you point to handles footprint libs. Symbols are not affected by a previous v4 installation. I guess this might have been the original problem: I installed KiCad 5 (under Linux) but there are no libraries. (The default option for sym lib table setup is disabled)

And possibly also Library management in KiCad version 5 as there could be a misunderstanding of kicads library process.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.