Symbol generator from PDF - uConfig

Holy Moly … I just watched the video … this is very cool! Nice job!!!

1 Like

Very well tool, a lot of hard work to get it work - I love it. But to be practical, user may end up spending a lot more time to made the correct KSS file than classical manual copy and paste into csv, and run footprint wizard. So if this can be export to csv file with simple and dummy enough rules - user only need to adjust the output csv files. They may rename a lot of pin in there own term. Some FPGA manufacture I know, their tool can export pin into csv files, or can be download form the website. So if your script can also take CSV files and generate symbol with that style - it may be save a lot of time for user.

Thanks !

I do not understand. Can you explain ?

Yes I plan to add CSV and XLS import to create symbol with the same system.

2 Likes

It just a feeling… with regex. But to answer your question, i look into the code, and found my misconception of kss file been use. So kss is not be issue that I had thought. It is great.

Just gave this a spin.
Im totally blown away!

1 Like

uConfig is now available on snap for linux systems :

https://snapcraft.io/uconfig

Thanks to ppd1990

Hi there,
Installed from the snap store and works amazing. However, an Issue I’ve been having with complex datasheets is the program only scans one page of pins when I have a datasheet spanning 4 pages. Is there a way to remedy this or just make the part by hand?

2 Likes

Hi Lync,
Thanks for trying. The tool does not support multi-page symbol extraction but I will add during this summer. I will take one week full time to improve the datasheet extraction with multi-page capabilities and BGA pin extraction.
Please add some non working datasheets on issue page on github.

1 Like

Hi sebcaux and first of all thanks for this more than useful tool !

Do you think that a compiled version for mac as the one you made for windows would be possible ?

Thanks by advance.

Xavier.

1 Like

Hi Mr Sébastian Caux. Your tool is increadible!!! It will save a lot of work.
I cannot download the WIndows binary as the link seems to be broken ({“message”:“Artifact not found or access denied.”}).
How can I download the binary executable for windows? Do you have another link available?

Thank you a lot for helping so many people with this increadible tool!!!
Thanks again!

For the love of Kicad God, could someone please share the uConfig build for windows? The provided link by @sebcaux sebcaux is not working, I am unable to work out the Qt librarys to build my own…

Thank you zoggn God!