Symbol for UM3561

At the outset Regards to my Seniors, & Lots of Love to my Friends.
This is the first time I am using this large forum.
My query is :
Where to look for the symbol for UM3561 (Four Siren Sound Generator) to place in Schematic Layout Editor, actually I am designing a wireless doorbell using this IC.

Thanks & Regards

One of the reasons for me to switch to KiCad long ago was because it has quite good editors for schematic symbols and footprints. These editors also are very similar in look and feel to the Schematic and PCB editors and easy to learn.

Currently there are some 16353 schematic symbols in KiCad, but there are probably hundreds of thousands different parts “out there”.

This is my preferred method for getting new schematic symbols. You can also get schematic symbols from the internet. There are some schematic symbols & libraries on github and other sites.
Some people like snapeda. There are a lot of schematic symbols on the snapeda site, and apparently they even have a plugin for KiCad, but those are not made for KiCad itself and have some quality issues.

For me, I know that if I make a schematic symbol or footprint myself, I have one that conforms to the way I want it and can make it in a reasonable amount of time. When you go searching the internet or snapeda there is no guarantee for success and of the quality of what you find.

Hello and welcome Booleanssm,

As @paulvdh writes, making a symbol is not difficult.
You need to draw a rectangle and place eight pins around that rectangle, name your new component UM3561, then place it in one of your personal libraries.

If you have never made a symbol before I’d suggest modifying an existing symbol to get an idea of how the editor works.
Perhaps start with a LM4810 from the “Amplifier_Audio” library. All you need to do is edit and maybe move the pins, but experiment with the shape also for experience.

Don’t attempt to modify any symbol in a kicad library. Place the symbol in your own library first.

If you don’t have a personal library yet, read this from the FAQ at the top of this forum:
https://forum.kicad.info/t/library-management-in-kicad-version-5/14636

The data sheet you should have linked too? :smiley: That sounds snide but the reality is you ALWAYS double check a library part against the manufacturers data sheet regardless if it is present or not. It also helps us to see if there is anything we can suggest that might be close as a template.

8 pin dip should be easy and is a good place to start learning to make your own. In the long run you save time knowing how. At minimum you need to know how to edit the symbols because they often make the schematic much cleaner to put them where YOU need them which may be different even in the same schematic. Good luck with the project.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.