State of RF/μWave Tools on KiCAD 7?

I have noticed that after running Via Stitching and closing KiCad, that the Windows installer says that the application is open
Restart the PC and the installer works, so something must have been running in the background

1 Like

For users who want to test,
here is my RF-tools-KiCAD as installable plugin (ATM from zip file)
icon

RF-tools-KiCAD_v1.1.0_pcm.zip

3 Likes

@maui: How do the contents of this zip file differ from the files one can get by cloning your git repo on Github? I tried both, but I did not observe any difference.

Anyway, I tried via fencing and the μwave footprint wizards on Windows 11 KiCAD7. They worked fine, but the fencing vias are not selectable or deletable. I tried the same on Linux (stock Ubuntu 22.04LTS), plus via stitching. The via fencing and μwave footprint wizards worked the same as on Win11. I was not able to get the via stitching to stitch any vias. I had a GND zone on the back copper plane, selected it, and told KiCAD7 to stitch vias. The response was 0 vias were placed. I am attaching the pertinent file.

NB, I am not sure the fencing vias are selectable or deletable on KiCAD6 on Windows either. (On Windows I have goth KiCAD6 and KiCAD7 installed.)

Thank you for your great work, @maui !
RXcard1.kicad_pcb (262.7 KB)

@cflin: It’s repackaged for PCM: *_pcm.zip on the Releases page contains the same as Source code (zip) there, except that it’s in the plugins folder, without the *.fbp files, and metadata.json and resources/ have been added.

1 Like

@cflin the pcm file is to be used with KiCAD plugins installer
If you install through it, it is better you clean the previous cloned installation

Update:
For users who want to test,
here is my RF-tools-KiCAD as installable plugin (ATM from zip file)
icon

RF-tools-KiCAD PCM

2 Likes

I don’t have this issue neither with your sample board…
when you select the fencing vias you get a ‘group’ which can be deleted or you can go into the group to handle single via.

via stitching are not part of RF tools, you may open an issue at jsreynaud/kicad-action-scripts/ViaStitching

1 Like

That is what I was missing! I thought that the vias in question were declared only within their fencing group. Thank you for the clarification!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.