Standard lib missing relay?

They where not strange for the person who made the effort to make a symbol and footprint to be included in the official list.

The relay symbols are designed to be used by exactly one footprint. (They are “atomic”)
This is because every manufacturer seems to follow their own pin naming scheme. (And we want the pins in the footprint to be named the same as in the datasheet.)

That’s because nobody made the effort to commit it to the official library.

1 Like

It looks like there are four Omron relays there as of 4.0.7. (And on Github, there are six Omron relays; I contributed the G5LE-1 myself.)

If you want other relays that aren’t there yet, you can create them and then contribute them back to the KiCad library. (So the next person looking for them will find them.)

Right. I can see all this. And yes I realize that this is a community where its more or less built on people contributing. So possibly one day I reach the level where I think my thinks/dones could b worth anything.

So the “generic” idea is not really feasible. Even if many people will have to take an existing specific brand, and then tweak their own footprints on it,well ok.

Btw Im impressed as to what can be done with the tool, dont think anything else.

Ppelleti !! I must be blind. (well no news) thanks.

Besides the relays in the official KiCad library, the Digi-Key library also contains some relays (Signal_Relays_Up_to_2_Amps and Power_Relays_Over_2_Amps).

Ok, so here is an attempt for contrib. Though I will not now dare to go into any libs of more official.

I have aft best effort edited the OMRON G5NB-1A footprint (which was not present would I could find).

following:

(measures are possibly deviating from spec due to grid, by some 0.5%)Relay_SPST_OMRON-G5NB-1A.kicad_mod (3.2 KB)

I also had some problem with an outer frame I didnt understand…