Split off sillyness to clean up a topic

I’ll park some half sillly / misleading posts here to clean up a topic.

Nothing serious, maybe just deleting it would be a better option, but I do not like censorship.

Try connecting Vout and FB with real wires. I question the reliability of just using labels.
Did you run an ERC?
And I’d suggest connecting a simulation ground to the circuit.

This is silly:

The whole world of KiCad would collapse if labels did not work. Gitlab would turn blue of the traffic and none of the developers would have a night’s rest until it gets fixed.
If you want to check, then read the netlist, or put the things on a PCB and have a look at the ratsnest. That may help you to find some confidence.

In a more general sense:
When in doubt check and verify your assumptions, instead of changing random things. You may get things to work by changing random things, but you won’t learn much from it.

1 Like

Obviously. But this seems to be net labels, and I’ve had issues with ERC when using those for connections. Prolly my mistake
But as wires always work, that was just a quick suggestion. And come on, it’s two connections, not a total redesign. Why someone would even use labels for that, I dunno.

It’s not about “just two connections”, It’s about spreading your own fears and doubts onto others, while there is no reason to have this doubt in the first place. Net labels also “just work”, no need to doubt it. I do not know what happened that one time you used wire labels. Prolly? If you made a mistake, figure out what it was and fix it, but don’t get superstitious about net labels.

When in doubt, the simplest and quickest way to verify a connection is to use the net highlight tool.

And in the meantime it is also derailing this topic.
If there is any more need to discuss this, I will split it off in a separate topic.

1 Like

<SMACK!>
“Naughty!”
“Yes Sir, sorry Sir, it won’t happen again, Sir.”
“I hope not. Next time it will be the cane!”
:wink:

Park it?
No, just delete this thread. Sorry; a couple of beers over the weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.