Special Strings or Text on PCB

I noticed a method called Refresh(), I haven’t tried it because it is not in 4.0.6 Refresh()

In Default canvas, I zoom in and out and it refreshes the display… I should add that to the user guide!

This all looks great, but I am having a problem with it. I installed KiAutotext (the 4 .py files) in ~/.kicad_plugins, added the contents of Libraries to the project directory, and added the footprint and library paths to the project specific libraries, but something is going wrong there, and also when I load the included example project with kicad 5.0.0-fee4fd1~66~ubuntu18.04.1.

When I use Tools->Refresh Plugins, nothing is listed. What is odd is that I know kicad is seeing it at some level, because when I open any of the footprints in the footprint library editor the corresponding .pyc files appear in ~/.kicad_plugins.

Any idea what is going on here? I’m stumped.

Josh

v5 happened :slight_smile: When I have time I will update to the new API, the changes are minor I think.

Silly me, I thought V5 meant it was fixed for all of us teeming masses. I forgot about the joys of major releases. Thanks for coming up with a handy little script!

I’ve pushed a new version of KiAutoText which should be fully v5 compatible, and also now runs as an Action Script under the Tools->External Plugins menu.

2 Likes

FYI, I noticed that the PCBRev and PCBpn fields in the symbol library are reversed.

BTW, thanks for this!!! :grinning: