Self created symbol displayed differently in the schematic entry

Hi experts,
I have come across another issue where I need your help please. I am using KiCad V. 5.1.4-1 on Windows 10 64-bit system.

I created a symbol (74141) in symbol lib. when I try to use the symbol as component in schematic entry, it is displayed differently, viz. whereas the Vcc and Gnd terminals are grayed out in component selection windows they are not shown at all on schematic sheet when the component is selcted. At the same time KiCad has added description BCD/DEC (which is correct!) but was not entered by me while creating the symbol.

Is my symbol in conflict with some other existing but not visible symbol/component in the KiCad libs?
Before creating my 74141 symbol (a very old device) I had checked in KiCad but didn’t find the lib.

I have uploaded a pdf file showing the screen shots of the above behavior.
What am I doing wrong? Please advice.
Thanks and best regards
191117 Kicad screen shots_2.pdf (115.4 KB)

You use invisible pins for gnd and vcc. You can view them (grayed out) with a button on the left toolbar.

However: Invisible power input pins are global labels So it is generally not a good idea to use them. Electrical type of schematic symbol pins (KiCad 4 and KiCad 5)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.