RenumKiCadPCB V0.200

I have posted an updated version of RenumKicadPCB on my blog.

For those who haven’t seen it RenumKiCadPCB processes a KiCad PCB file and renumbers all the component reference designators ending in numbers based on where they are located on the PCB. It then processes the schematic hierarchy and updates the component reference designators to match. This makes working on a board much easier since you can locate all the components.

V0. 200 includes a number of improvements including a rudimentary text based menu driven interface as well as the original command line. Some command line arguments have been changed to make more sense and some defaults have been changed as well.V0.200 was also developed on MinGW instead of Cygwin so there is no need for a separate DLL – the executable is stand alone.

To run to the program simply type RenumKiCadPCB (command line arguments are now optional).I have made and tested the file on Windows (executable included) and Ubuntu Linux. It should work on Apple but I have not tested it.

I hope to port the code over to a proper GUI once I figure out how to set up the compiler, etc…

Let me know if there are any issues, bugs, feature requests.

4 Likes

Excellent!
Any Mac users out there to try this? MinGW is a risk area on OSX

Yes, good work. I didn’t test yet, but already downloaded :slight_smile:

I developed it under MinGW but I modified it to work on Ubuntu Linux (the key bindings are different and it was harder to access “unbuffered” input. I think the

So Linux make doesn’t have anything to do with MinGW, however, until somebody makes it and runs it on Apple I won’t know for sure. The earlier (command line only) version was tested on Apple and worked but a text/menu needs to know things like the code that gets sent to the program when you push back-arrow.