Renumbering footprint?

I have an unusual problem - when duplicating areas of the board (same elements and paths), there was a discrepancy between the numbering between the diagram and the PCB. When I want to use the update board based on the schematic command, kicad gives me new footprints and does not change the numbering of the existing ones - is there any way so that I do not have to change the numbering manually?
How to associate existing footprints with symbols in the schematic?

Yes. During: Schematic Edititor / Tools / Update PCB from schematic [F8] turn off the: Re-link footprints to schematic symbols based on their reference designators. This checkbox should nearly always be off, unless for some special occasions where it is needed to re-synchronize the schematic and the PCB.

If I turn-off this option kicad add new footprints on the pcb.
I just want him to change the designators numbers to those consistent with the diagram.

KiCad has two methods of synchronizing the schematic and the PCB. The normal way is with this option turned off. In that case it uses UUID’s (which are not visible from within the GUI). The other way is to use the References (RefDes), and as I wrote earlier, this method is intended as a repair mechanism to re establish links between the schematic symbols and PCB footprints when something has gone wrong.

Apparently you have managed to get your project in a situation in which neither method works properly. As a result you have to choose one of the methods, and then repair the things that don’t work manually. Once it’s repaired you should keep the Re-link footprints … checkbox off during updates.

Update PCB from Schematic's match methods has more information about the synchronization and update process.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.