RE: Ubuntu and Finding My Current .lib Files/Using .pro Files

Hello,

I am very new to KiCAD and I need support, I think. There is a BeagleBoard.org section in the templates section on the Ubuntu Distro KiCAD 5+. I tried to use it as I did w/ Windows 10.

I am having complications that I cannot describe. When I receive errors, I just click through them to try another route. If I need to report these errors on .pro files and .lib files for the BeagleBone Black layouts, please tell me. I can definitely write them down and report them later.

Besides those ideas, I need to get ahold of the BBB schematic and .pro file for the KiCAD 5+.

Seth

P.S. What complications, if any, are you having w/ the BBB files in KiCAD 5+? Oh and I cannot find out where the KiCAD software is saved on my Ubuntu BB Distro. Will someone please let me know where the ppa saved my current version of KiCAD? I used the terminal to get the software.

Look here
$ file /usr/bin/kicad
/usr/bin/kicad: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=c8c8ed23cf234ed5b13cf829788ec35d5c9c2387, stripped

Are you sure the libraries are installed and setup correctly?
Can you add any symbols if you create an empty project. (Is there anything in the symbol addition dialog?)

Have a look at this: I installed KiCad 5 (under Linux) but there are no libraries. (The default option for sym lib table setup is disabled)

Also check that the templates you try to use are ones for version 5. (It it is one from the official distribution then check that you installed the template package for version 5 not the one for version 4.)

Hello,

I found kicad in /usr/share/kicad for some reason. It is located in the dir. you told me about too, i.e. /usr/bin/.

Seth

Hello,

I have access to the symbols from kicad and DigiKey. My templates are not great right now. I think I may have set up an incorrect template by mistake. I will check it out soon. I just wanted to reply since you responded.

Seth

Hello,

I got what I was after finally. Thank you for your support.

Seth

P.S. I cannot explain it but the item, the .pro file, works now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.