Rat's Nest won't go even after routing

switching for GND shall be done through the 14th pin of the connector. That’s where it is connected to the controller.

SS_Mu_CoAn_PCB.zip (11.1 KB)

Here’s the .zip file Joan !

I could do this because I suddenly became a Basic User and now I could post the things which I couldn’t before.

You’re probably right…

This should be better…

Which get’s us this (after some rotating and moving)…

We see that the pin assignment from the display to the connector could be better and I would start shuffling stuff around right now if I was calling the shots (to minimize the space between display and connector, aim would be to have the tracks fan outwards more easily instead of going over each other).
Let’s just assume it’s not possible… so we just put in the tracks…

Uses less than half… more like 1/3rd of the former space.

I used a nightly build to do this - probably incompatible with your v4.0.5, sorry.
But the screenshots should help you understand what one needs to do to get er done.
It just takes practice.

The routing could be optimized, but I didn’t wanted to play with the pin header assignements on top of this, nor moving the resistors further around. If you got some time and need to learn, try to get the number of vias down and play a bit… Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen.

SS_Mu_CoAn_PCB_Joan.zip (10.9 KB)

3 Likes

Damn ! I didn’t think of putting the components just below the display. Thank You very much for helping this novice.

This thread has given me a great insight to me to me . Thank You all who contributed, specially Joan who made such an effort to explain. [quote=“Joan_Sparky, post:23, topic:5190”]
. Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen.
[/quote]

absolutely

They’re are at the back of the display (green = B.Cu, red = F.Cu) - if this is a prototype or just for maintenance, it’s best to keep things accessible - just in case.

But yeah, for production and if you wanted a clean backside (no damage to the parts possible, not exposed) you could put them under the display if there is space.
Routing would look different then though, as now they’re flipped.

1 Like

oh my bad ! I meant on the other side only not under the display.