Raspberry Pi Project (Motors and LED)

Hello there. I am trying to make a PCB that can connect to the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ module. The PCB need two motors that can be separately controlled with two LED’s. I have no clue on how to make the PCB so can someone please help with the layout of the circuit diagram. If you need more information just ask and I can gladly help.

Well right now we have zero information. So yes we will need a lot more here. (What exactly do you have right now? What do you think your next step will be? …)

All I can give you now is a generic beginners tutorial: Tutorial: Introduction to PCB design with KiCad version 5.1 (Getting Started)

Have a look at these items from Sparkfun. https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/178
It seems like you might have more immediate success buying a simple board as you need to learn about the circuit, devices and pcb layout.

The RPi was designed to accept shields to connect to the outside world. There are ready made shields to do all kinds of things. Is your goal to learn to design PCBs (is this your coursework?) or really to drive something? Don’t get “I must make a PCB” on the brain. What is your real goal?

I am trying to create a PCB board that can connect two motors and two LED to the raspberry pi. Then From the website i created I can access the motors and LED separately. I have the Pi and can create a PCB. I want everything in a parallel circuit however, for the DC motor there needs to be a diode and transistor and resistor which complicates things for me as I am new to creating PCB’s.

Do you have a circuit designed? Have you tested it on a breadboard? Because a PCB is really just a technology for connecting components together. You have to design and test the circuit first.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.