Question about FillZone

I’m new to Kicad software and wondering to design a simple project for electronic.

Here is a question,

All route under the same layer with filled zone would be link together?

All route under the same layer without filled zone would be link togther?

Thanks to all helps.

Hi koklimabc, welcome on this forum.

Unfortunately I do not really understand your question. It seems it’s meaning is lost in translation.

I suggest you start with a few simple “dummy” projects just to get to know KiCad. Design a Ne555 blinking LED or an opamp amplifier or whatever. Then see how things in the schematic match with things (and zones) on the PCB. KiCad does not always keep the internal geometry of zones up to date (In KiCad V7 it is a setting in the Preferences) If it is set to manual, then use the B hotkey to re-calculate internal zone geometry.

If by “route” you mean net then yes in both cases . . .

Filled zone has specified its net and connects only to pins that are at the same net (according to schematic). Filled zone keeps away from other nets.
See part of one my PCB:

Here all big red areas belong to one filled zone connected to GND net. When zone is filled (hotkey b) KiCad takes care to not connect it with all tracks that are other nets.

nice, Thanks for help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.