Prototype inventory/management system

PartsBox founder here. @Kedarius is spot on: right now the scope of what PartsBox does ends exactly where he needs it to start.

You can track sub-assembly parts (the result of builds), but only using lots, which isn’t very convenient if you want to track every unit built. Some of my customers who build medical devices build using a lot size of 1, to end up with one lot per device, but that’s overkill for most people.

This area will definitely be improving over the next months, as keeping track of completed devices is a much-requested feature, but today PartsBox is not the right tool for this particular task.

1 Like

is there any user forum for newbie trying to figure out Inventree? I have it working, but I have small fixes that need to be made that would be simple for those familiar with it. (Like the message “you are 5 hours behind server time”).

1 Like

The closest thing to a user forum is the github page - https://github.com/inventree/inventree/issues - if you post your issues there, and we’ll get it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SchrodingersGat, sorry for an off-topic, but maybe you know if a tool exists which can migrate partsbox BOMs and inventory to inventree?

@poco Can PartsBox export data and in which format?

One user put together a script to migrate from PartKeepr to InvenTree, maybe this can be a source of inspiration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not specifically, but as @eeintech says, if there is a way to export the data to some friendly format it should be possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.