Problems with all KiCad Plugins

Hi,
lately I was trying to get some Plugins running for pcbnew(rf tools for example). As I click on External Plugins->Refresh or restart KiCad it still doesnt work.
If I click on the scripting console it also gives an error: “Cant open python scripting console”
I somewhere read that action plugins only work on nightly builds?
I could also reinstall KiCad but that would be the last option since I have a wide variety of settings changend right now.

Could there be another Problem?
I put the plugins in all /scripting/plugins folders of Kicad that I could find

Thanks in advance.

What KiCad version are you using?

In KiCad-nightly V5.99 there is some error in the configuration and a path to python is missing. More info by following the link below.

In my installation, W10, V5.99 (most recent nightly) the Pyhon console works perfectly.
The stock scripts are in “C:\Program Files\KiCad\5.99\bin\scripting\plugins”.
User scripts live at %APPDATA%\kicad\5.99\scripting\plugins".
There was something going on with *.json config files and paths which turned out pretty annoying - to say the least. It is fixed now, but the residues might still hang around in the config files if you installed the faulty nightly ( 4-5 days ago, but I might be wrong). You might want to check the *.json files for correct paths in %APPDATA%\Roaming\kicad\5.99 (if you are on Windows) or wherever they are on other OSs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.