Problem with Kicad installer latest version

Hi everybody
I have downloaded several times the latest version of kicad 5 from:

but when installing the installer gets an error contains:(installer integrity check has failed)
kicad

anybody can help me?
My OS is windows 7

The problem is most probably just as it says, either downloading didn’t succeed completely or the downloaded file is otherwise broken. As long as the same download site/file works for others it’s difficult to say the exact cause of your problem. Usually the remedy is re-downloading, but if it didn’t work for you I can’t tell what would help. Can you download other files of the same (large) size succesfully? Could you try to download with another machine and save to a usb stick?

Or could you try the nightly builds? At the moment they are very close to final 5.1 and pretty much as stable and good as the final 5.1 will be, so you’re safe with it (and don’t have to learn new things afterwards when changing from 5.0 to 5.1). 5.0 and 5.1 are project compatible.

2 Likes

Thanks
I have downloaded the version 5.0 and also gets the same error yes I think its my windows problem not the link I have downloaded it with FDM (free download manager) and dont know where is the problem

Maybe you should try just with a browser without a download manager.

1 Like

Are you behind a corporate firewall, I have seen file corruption by these?

1 Like

I have downloaded without file manager and again error pops up
Really confusing

Do u mean windows firewall? I have just a corporate antivirus not firewall

Not Windows, I meant a central firewall for your office network. These can get quite intrusive and often pick on opensource installers.
Recently I had to download a Nightly build twice. The two file sizes were identical, but the hashes were different, so a bit had been flipped somewhere and only the second attempt was detected as properly signed.

1 Like

Not a solution but a workaround,
If you can, download it on a personal machine then transfer it on a USB stick.

John

1 Like

Thanks @JohnRob
I tried it unfortunately didnt work :frowning:
Maybe the reason is the old version of win7 service pack1I have on my pc

@JohnRob @davidsrsb @eelik
Wowwwww
Solved
I downloaded with my phone(on android) and transfer to pc and could install it thanks John :blush::blush::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

I’m impressed with your phone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to let you know this is not a single occurrence I have been trying to download this for a month now on three different computers at my home, I have tried the some of the old smaller builds, the nightly builds, all the mirrors etc, with the exact same result. I cannot get a single byte to download. The download comes up on the bar as downloading and sits for a while but nothing downloads. The estimated time goes from 30 mins, an hour, two hours, and just keeps climbing. Meanwhile it never actually downloads anything just sits at 0.0. Finally. after only 5 minutes or so, it stops and says it is finished but the file produced is empty. I have never had this happen before. I regularly download movies and files of all types of up to 2 GB and sometimes it may take a few hours or more but I have never had it give up after about 5 minutes without downloading ANYTHING. I actually made sure my network was clear so I would have maximum bandwidth…no dice. Then tried downloading another large file and that worked fine. Tried yours again…same thing. I am on the edge of just giving up and finding some other way to create my new boards. If it wasn’t for a strong recommendation already would have. Wish I had a Gig to spare on my phone

Sounds like your provider has issues. This should help you.

1 Like

I can’t imagine what could stop you from downloading this program. Perhaps your browser is not happy with your choice of KiCad :slight_smile:

Or perhaps the download site (which isn’t the fastest I’ve seen) being slow and it sounds like you internet connection is slow as well, causes a problem.

My only suggestions are:

1. Try a different browser
  2. Try a download manager.

John

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.