Preferences -> Component Library Not Found

Hello

I am following along with the Digikey Kicad tutorial, more specifically Part 3. I am currently trying to import Digikey’s custom library from GitHub into KiCad. The issue I am having is that the component library isn’t available in my current version of Kicad 5.1.0. Does anyone know how to import a component library on this current version?

The digikey tutorial is for version 4 of kicad. Version 5 uses the same way to add symbol libraries to kicad as it did with footprint libraries already back then. All is done using library tables which are controlled with the library manager tools.

For a very detailed tutorial including a suggestion on how to add third party libs like the one by digikey have a look at my tutorial: Library management in KiCad version 5 (Disclaimer: This is not a typical click that do that tutorial but more a lecture that teaches you how to properly setup a library system.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.