Position/placement file not lining up with Gerbers in JLCPCB "Review Parts Placement"

Or use KiKit: https://github.com/yaqwsx/KiKit that will handle all the manufacturer-specific details for you.

I’m Having the same issue. Usually I get everything on correct centroid positions. But I recently designed a PCB and I used “flip Board view” view in Kicad. I noticed there was some glitches in coordinates when its flipped. Now I’m having the scaling issue in gebers and centroids.

it would be useful to compare a set of gerber and positioning file made with and without the flip board view…
If this is the culprit, we need to rise an issue at gl.

I believe this issue is caused by silkscreen/courtyard layers extending outside of the board outline. Other tools will automatically crop the silkscreen layer to be fully inside the board area, but AFAIK KiCad currently does not.

The easy fix is to add a break-away border around your entire design, so that all components which would otherwise hang over the edge are now contained inside.

1 Like

I just made a similar board without using “flip view” and unfortunately I get the same issue for this one as well. I’m wondering if JLC’s gerber viewer having problems. I manually measured the distances in gerber using ViewMate, and compared them with the distances in CPL (centroid file) and they are fine.

However, older project files from other projects show correct placement in JLC’s gerber viewer. I tried regenerating new files to check whether i could replicate the issue. but older projects will not have a problem with freshly generated fab files.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.