Please check I've got this right?

I had a manager who drew ground symbols pointing in all 4 directions. He was not joking and the rest of us did not like that style. It is counter-intuitive but perhaps not wrong.

Your images appear to be photos of your computer screen. Those images suffer from very poor combination of clarity and file size. There are many better ways to capture an image of your work. What OS are you using?

SORRY: It looks like your later images are better.

Thank you, gmc, for posting the link to David L. Jones’ video on basic schematic design. A good prerequisite to schematic layout, I think it is.

Now I am wondering if the Kicad 6.0.0 release candidate has the “snap-to-grid” function David demonstrates in the video (He draws a box rectangle around a set of schematic symbols to select a group of components, then clicks a “snap-to-grid” button and all the terminals of all these schematic symbols get automatically moved to grid intersections in order to avoid thinking you have interconnected two component leads when in reality you haven’t.) Does anybody know?

Select all the components you want to snap to grid, right click and use “align elements to grid”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.