Placing wires driving me crazy?

The circle and square show the internal path-vertex check. If they vanish, that is considered linked.
I tried the finest grid of 1, to see if there was any no-mans-land where the circle.square could vanish,but not spawn a connection and I could not recreate.

ie I could not get a result where visually the hints were gone, but the connection was not made. That would be more serious.

That’s not quite the same in your top image you have a error tag, but the pin 3 will be connected.
The error tag may be generated something else.

Yes, with a lot of error tags, SCH side can get less ideal…

Comment 1 : Who decided Green as an Error colour is a ‘good idea’, or having ALL errors one colour is a good idea ?
Different colour tags would be visually much easier to manage, and some ‘errors’ are really ‘warnings.’

ie getting : " When I get ErrType(8): Global label not connected to any other global label might not be a design error, but a deliberate net-name or tag-style choice.
It’s still useful as a warning, as the SW has alerted the user to a possible typo, but if the user ‘really does want to do that’, the even merely average SW should not force that decision into an error basket.

3 Likes

There is no scripting for eeschema, only pcbnew has python scripting. It is Python 2.7.14 in 5.0

@Sonophoto : Thanks for the info !
@Bobc : Where did you find the infos for the Python bindings you use ? (I suppose it was done with SWIG or similar)…

Mainly http://docs.kicad.org/doxygen-python/index.html and also pcbnew.py which gets installed in C:\Program Files\KiCad\lib\python2.7\site-packages (or equivalent).

@pmx The short answer is in the bindings.

Long answer:

See the examples and other plugins to sort out what you need to do for plugins in pcbnew vs. external scripts

If you don’t know python (or even programming!):

I’ll be a self promoter and mention a couple of my own (Mostly python3 specific, sorry)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

–Brig

2 Likes

You know… there really should be an align to grid" function or we should be prevented from changing the setting… or at least get a warning of the implications.

A better solution would be to snap to other things than the grid. But for both solutions we would need to wait for version 6 as new features can not be added in minor releases.

Thanks Bob and Brig for the infos and pointers.
But it seems to be all related to pcbnew ? Eschema is not covered by these docs, right ?

@Rene_Poschl Yes, priority driven snap system would be nice (example : snap to grid, but will snap to pin if “close enough”).
If I understand well, we have 2 years left to think about it .

It’s been said 3 times already! There is no Python API for eeschema in KiCad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.