PCBNEW nightly 5.99 to stable release 5.1.5

Hello,

I wanted to check if a bug in 5.1.5 (trace free angle) was fixed in nightly release (see release below). I made a mistake to continue to work the nightly release instead of 5.1.5 stable. It’s impossible now for me to restart from scratch. When I want to open may pcbnew file with the 5.1.5, a pop-up message (see picture in attached file).
It is possible to re open my pcbnew ‘nigthlt’ with the 5.1.5 stable release?

Thanks for your support,

Application: KiCad
Version: (5.99.0-604-gce7710699), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.66.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
Build date: Jan 2 2020 22:16:05
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.71.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.66.0
Compiler: GCC 9.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Please change to English language in the UI temporarily when you copy texts to here.

What I can read from the screenshot the layout file has new data related to the new board stackup feature. As with some other incompatibility errors, you can try to edit the file with a text editor and remove the offending lines or character/words - 5.99 used them but 5.1 doesn’t recognize them. In this case maybe whole text lines.

There should be no need to tell to use a copy of the project so that the only one doesn’t get lost. And success isn’t guaranteed.

Out of curiosity I can try to convert the file if you give it here.

In attached file the pop up in english.

I will try to modify the pcbnew file to remove the *-5.99 lines.

thanks

I think the behavior of zones also changed so they will definetly need to be checked after backporting

please, could you remove the first french pop up capture?

You should be able to edit your own posts. There should be a pencil shaped icon on the bottom right of it. It could be hidden behind the icon with the 3 dots.

I can see you feel unconfortable because the screenshot reveals personal information (file path). But it’s not dangerous in any way and it doesn’t matter at all if people see what folder structure you have. If someone breaks into your machine they’ll find what they want anyways.

(I have had the same feeling but have realized it doesn’t matter at all, in any way.)

If you succeed, after you have generated gerbers and triple checked them with different viewers, please tell us if it worked. In any case you have to remove more than just those lines. See Post-v5 new features and development news ; I don’t know how true the statement there is nowadays, I haven’t tried recently. But it would be good to know.

It’s OK for me,
I have remove the ‘stackup setup’ and some line about zone clearence.

With 5.1.5 it’s OK now, I just need to refill all zone.
With Gerbv (free gerber viewer), there is no problem.

Thanks a lot, I will be able to advance my project more serenely !

Julien

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.