PCB designs from v5 stuck on rescue libs for V6

I’ve been using Kicad since v4 I think and I can’t say I’ve ever fully understood the library path setups but I’ve always managed. Thanks to Arch I now have v6 on this system, ready or not. Everything I have is done on v5. Opening a schematic creates the new file format for v6 but all of the referenced symbols come out of the rescue libs so the 3d Models are missing. Paths seem correct for the new libs, they just didn’t migrate. Is there any way to get all of the symbol and footprint libraries easily converted over on an old design?

The links to the 3D files in your converted Kicad V5 → V6 project probably still have the old environment variable in it’s path. You can re-install the KiCad V5 library and fix the environment variable.

There is also an Archive 3D Models plugin in the Plugin & Content Mangager.

The missing 3D models have nothing to do with symbol libraries. 3D model paths are stored in the footprints. See 3D models are missing in 3D viewer after updating to V6.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.