PCB automatically build vias and position from schematic

Hello. It’s there a way to automatically build vias and pós from schematic?

1 Like

Can you elaborate? Your question is incomprehensible. What do you want to get?

1 Like

I think you will find that part placement and trace routing are skills that many people on this forum make a decent living doing. Besides other skills such circuit design and part specification.

I’m referring if there is an way to build tracks and vias automatically like from schematic.

This is called “Autoroute,” and KiCad doesn’t do this natively. But, there are third-party attempts to solve this problem (e.g. FreeRouting).
But generally, one gets better results by just routing by hand.

My machine is 32 bits and freeroutiñg is able

Autorouters are not nearly as useful as beginners in PCB design tend to think.
They can be useful and powerful tools, but to use a good autorouter effectively, you first have t learn to do the PCB layout manually, so you know what sort of problems the autorouter needs to solve, and how you can help the autorouter to achieve a good result.

It’s a topic that keeps popping up. For a long discussion, see:

1 Like

You can if you have something like freerouting on your device.

1 Like

The most important and time consuming step is the component placement.
Do this badly and the best autorouter or most skilled human will struggle to make a good board

4 Likes

That’s very true, David.

1 Like

I like an autoroute because my board have a lot of pieces. And do this manually is very hard. How can I do semi automatic-route in kicad?

Use FreeRouting.

How many parts are you taking about?

I’m talking about 450 pieces

Are these in an array? Because, that can be routed fairly quickly by hand.

Is not the that case

To be perfectly honest, in the amount of time you will spend getting FreeRouting working, you could route the board by hand…

3 Likes

Freerouting works very well with Kicad. I had a cluttered board that I could not re-arrange much, and it did quite well and pretty quickly at the last run. You need to export the DSN file from the board layout, and begin the autoroute after making sure the rules were acceptable, and then export the Session file from it, to be imported back into Kicad PCB. It’s not hard at all, and there was no way I was going to hand-route 150+ wires. I could have, but I didn’t want to.
I just wish it was integrated into Kicad, but it works well outside of it.

It is now an official KiCad Plugin. I don’t see it ever getting closer as Java is frowned upon and there are legal controversies…

Yes an auto-router will do that.

However some engineers frown upon auto routers.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.