Optional Include

I have a hierarchy set up for a project. I have 2 options for one subcircuit and a schema file for each. I can include both in the root schema but that produces conflicts. I’d like to include both to keep everything together but be able to disable the inclusion of one for ERC and updating the PCB.

Is this possible?

Short answer: no.
But what are you trying to achieve by “including” the schematic that isn’t supposed to affect erc or pcb?
Does just putting the schematic file in project directory not do the same? It will even show up in project tree.

I haven’t decided which of the sub circuit designs to use. So while I’m working on the other parts I want to be able to switch between the two options quickly and run the ERC on them and eventual maybe get two different boards made so I can test both designs.
The differences in the board designs will be limited to a small area, the rest can be the same. So I only have to lay out the common stuff once.

I see, in that case you can put your 2 options in different sub sheets. Add a hierarchical sheet to your main schematic and you can switch between the 2 quickly by just changing which file the sheet points to.

You could add your use case here: #4076.

It would work but a bit less elegant than I would like,

This has now been done.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.