Odd behaviour when making a "large pad / zone" out of traces

I’m utterly puzzled by this. I can assure you (like, 150% absolute certainty) that I did not draw those traces like that; I just drew one from top-left to bottom-left, then one from bottom-left to bottom-right, then one from bottom-right to top-right, and last one from top-right to top-left. (and then one from bottom-right to the center point between the four top-most vias)

In fact, when I did the same four on the opposite layer, those four disappeared, and only the one at the center remained. I never drew and never saw the six horizontal lines (I see them now, after downloading the file I posted — so, it must have been at the moment of saving the file … huh, unless, as a prank, someone edited my post and reuploaded the file? hehehe, that would actually be a clever prank! :laughing: not sure whether it’s even possible, and I’m just joking, I’m sure no-one here would do that, even if it is possible! :slight_smile: )

I had forgotten to comment on this — thanks for the tip; good to know.

I had actually worked around the issue by copy-n-pasting the set of traces from one layer to the other (i.e., select traces, copy, then paste, then edit and change the layer, then move to position — not an issue since both the copy and the paste operations are done with the cursor at a grid point). Of course, much easier to temporarily disable the “Delete redundant traces” setting.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.