Not driven errors

Can anyone please explain why I get these errors but the connections seem OK?

The not driven error is because kicad checks every net that has a power input pin on it for connection with a power output pin. This is to reduce the chance that you forget to power your pcb. See ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it for how to deal with it.

The pin connected to multiple different nets message is however more concerning. It looks like you have the same pin multiple times in the same symbol. In this case with the pin number ~. So something is wrong with the DS1 symbol. Read How does KiCad know which symbol pin represents which pad of the footprint?

Rene

Thanks. I worked out how to add a positive pwr_flag to tell it a + rail exists but as in the pic below what do I do to get rid of the negative error. There isnt a negative special flag. Do I just use the pwr_flag for both?

The power flag is just a single pin symbol with a hidden power output pin. It can be added to any net. It does not create a connection to anything and it will not appear in the pcb.

That fixed the positive side of things but now my caps give this error!

Sorry to be a pain. I am trying to seacrh the forum but there aren’t many cleaar posts…

the pins of capacitors should be of type passive. Bidirectional is reserved for pins that can be actively driven like a GPIO pin of a MCU. See Electrical type of schematic symbol pins (KiCad 4 and KiCad 5)

You really might want to take a look at (Start Here) Frequently Asked Questions

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.