Newbee Symbol Shows no Connections to Footprint

Hi, I have the following footprint on PCB view that shows no connections to it, but a rats nest to all the other components.

I designed the footprint, it has pin name and pin number for each pin. What is the link relationship between symbol and footprint, name of pin or pin number ? When I do import netlist I get no errors.

So I do not get why the ratsnest does not show needed routing to the 30 pin footprint and schematic symbol, eg. additional ratsnest wires…?

Regards, Dana.

Pin number. See (Start Here) Frequently Asked Questions, especially How does KiCad know which symbol pin represents which pad of the footprint?.

They do, there is a one to one correspondence between pin # (symbol)
and pad # (footprint).

So still at a loss, no errors when running DRC concerning the 30 pin part or when
loading netlist on PCB page.

Regards, Dana.,

FWIW, when you make changes to a footprint in the library, it is mandatory you update the footprint on the board.
The same goes for symbols.
But I’m sure you are aware of that.

Looks like I have a library path setting issue. When I saved symbols / footprints
was not paying attention, so would not see them in global list.

Now all of a sudden symbol seems to be part of ratsnest. so I can go on. I think
I need to import syms and foots into global library just to be safe…

Thanks all.

Regards, Dana.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.