New sheet in schematics is selectable, how can I fix this?

here you can find a video:
https://anonfiles.com/H935q3Pcy7/2022-12-30_14-45-59_mp4

I am doing something wrong I think, when creating a new sheet, the sheet is selectable and does not behave as the default sheet, for now it’s annoying because I can’t unselect it, I don’t know if next it would have other behaviours that I would not want; how can I fix this?

You have misunderstood the sheet system. You haven’t created a new page next to the original page. You have just created a visual box representation for a hierarchical sheet. In KiCad it’s possible to draw outside the page limits, but everything in the view is still in the same sheet. You are not supposed to draw inside the hierarchical sheet box. Instead, you draw that box inside the page and double click on it to enter the new sheet.

See Hierarchical or flat schematic design, what is best for me? (How to deal with multi page schematics?).

(You can still draw outside the page area, it’s just a visual limit for printing and plotting, but usually each sheet content is inside the page limits.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.