New Library for Hydraulics schematic

Hi,
First I gotta say I am very impressed with Kicad. I’ve found it mostly intuitive.
I mainly use it for electronics, but it actually does a very nice job drawing schematics for hydraulic circuits, which is another part of my job. The ease to which you can create the components in the library editor is awesome. So I wanted to get it out there for other people looking for a simple solution to drawing up hydraulics, that is neat and professional looking, and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. My library already has about 20 parts, and I was thinking maybe people might like it as an addition. So how do I go about seeing if I am a lone wolf, or if they may like this as an addition to the libraries already available. Is this all done on Github …something else I am not that familiar with.

Cheers
Colin

3 Likes

Github would be a good choice to share your library so others can use/contribute. a pneumatic library could be handy too.

I would inquire on the developers site about including your library.

Regardless of what they say, you should consider writing-up a blog post about how you use KiCad for hydraulics applications. While hydraulics is not my interest, I would be interested in how you use KiCad for that. It would also be a good way to bring more people from your neck of the woods into KiCad.

2 Likes

Hi Colin,
Sorry to revive an old topic, but I’m wondering if anything happened about making the Hydraulic library available.

The library is on Github. However I’ll have to do an update and will pass on the link after that. The library has quite a few more parts in it now which github doesn’t have yet. Mostly Sun hydraulics parts, but a few general parts as well. It’s got to a point where I had to start deciding on standards, such as box size etc. I’ll do an update over the weekend and pass on the details in the next couple of days. Be nice to have someone join the cause :+1:

1 Like

The updated library is here;

I haven’t had time to add a “standards to follow” to try and keep the symbols all looking the same.

Some symbols won’t mean much to you, and are specific to the oil and gas industry.

Most of what I have is from Sun Hydraulics.

Oh enjoy :grinning:

The eeschema editor works well for the schematics.

Doing a blog…geez sorry no idea what that means…or how to get the developers to include it.

Well until I have written a standard for it, which is something simple, like always base components in a square 10x10 and such like, I would say the library is too young to include.

I’ll continue to add to it for now.

Just in case anyone else reads this, the library is only for eeschema, You don’t proceed into the PCB side of things.

Its very handy for estimating in quotes too, as you can draw in the symbols, and add fittings to join things and start getting a BOM together, and submit a concept to a client.

does that allow to draw heatings schematic like these

another one

or this

Hi @PackElend

I’m sorry, but the author of that seven year old thread has not been seen for over four years.
Much of which you request may be possible with an awful lot of effort, but you would probably get a better result using a program more suited to your requirements.
This thread is best closed.

1 Like