Netlist Load Error

Hello,

I have some problems with my footprint. I did my schematics and created a netlist but here is always the following error when I want to load the netlist in PCBnew:

Error loading netlist.
IO_ERROR: fp-lib-table files contain no lib with nickname ‘Module’
from fp_lib_table.cpp : FindRow() : line 641

All solutions I found on the internet for similiar errors doesn’t work for me. Does anyone know if this is a common problem? I am using version 4.0.7 for Mac on HighSierra

How did you assign the footprint in question to the symbol inside your schematic?

You can take a look at this faq entry to see how it is done correctly: How can i assign a footprint to a symbol?

I used the cvpcb tool. There ist also not a footprint given for each schematic I used, but I read that I can also edit them myself letter in pcbnew if I couldn’t find the right one.

What do you mean by that?
I would guess whoever told you that meant that you would make a personal footprint in such a case. I have written a tutorial of how to derive a footprint form datasheet drawings if you are interested: Tutorial: How to make a footprint in KiCad 5.1.x (From scratch)?

But I would still need to create the netlist, don’t I? Or would I skip that part too, so I would not even depend on the librarie?

To import the netlist you already need valid footprint assignments. Meaning the order of operations is:

• design schematic (In this step you also take care of running ERC and annotating the schematic.)
  • make sure every symbol in that schematic has a valid footprint assigned (If necessary in this step you would design the missing footprints.)
  • export netlist
  • import netlist into pcb new (the import will complain about invalid footprint assignments. This is an important safety feature!)

So yes you will need to export the netlist at some point but the footprint assignment and footprint design steps come before that.

Ok, then I will try to find out, why pcbnew is not able to load the netlist. Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.