NE555P PWM generator: input power pin not driven by output power pin

plz help can’t figure out what is wrong I am very new. I was initially very stared to ask because I do not know much about KiCAD.

A different error message explained here but same underlying cause: ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it

Not on the question but to ‘very new’.

1. I would never drive a wire through IC symbol even it probably is ok for KiCad.
  2. I have never seen that V1 symbol in KiCad. I suppose that it can be a part of Spice that I never used in KiCad. So, even not knowing that symbol I suppose that you will get -5V at VCC as you connected +5 output to GND (=0V) so the other end will be -5V.

I agree with Piotr, V1 seems to be a simulation symbol. If you want to make a board, you would place some sort of connector instead.
Now, pins 1 and 8 are of type “Power Input” and thus must be connected to a single “Power Output” somewhere on the net to satisfy the ERC. But since connector pins usually are of type “Passive” you have to add a Power Flag (PWR_FLAG) to each net to get rid of this message.
It tells the ERC that you know that there is no driving source but it will be driven if someone connects a battery.

Hello and welcome @RITO ,

In case you didn’t realize, the ERC only checks the Kicad rules for connecting components. The ERC does not test to see if your design works.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.