Missing connections after sending to pcb

In regards to the edge-board line as a part of the SMA footprint, I would personally use mf_ibfeew’s second option.

My reasoning is based on an assumption (you should double check with the datasheet of the SMA connector) is the board edge line in the footprint is based on the suggested board edge location from the manufacturer of the SMA connector. Unless I have a compelling reason to ignore the suggestions from the manufacturer’s datasheet I tend to follow them.

It is up to you as the end-user to double check that the implied suggestion of the board edge in the footprint matches the datasheet. The volunteer librarians in charge of the KiCad libraries are very good, but they are only human. I tend to trust but verify their work.

mf_ibfeew, I thank you very much, I changed the coaxial connectors to vertical, that took care of malformed outline. I have to learn about how to create user libraries now.

paulvdh, Thanks to you too, I deleted the objects you outlined and now a clean pcb. Also the bav99 diode is used to dampen static charges etc, which I learned the hard way that mimic amps (actually a darlington amp) are very prone to them and will be destroyed instantly in a noisy environment unless input protection is used. The schematic I used is one I designed and have used many times. I do not intend to have the board manufactured, I have made my own boards in the past with an xacto knife to cut the traces on a copper clad pc board. I now have a cnc machine and want to make the boards myself as at 76 my hands and eye sight are not very good, especially after 2 strokes. But I am learning.

SembazuruCDE, I saw the line in the foot print of the connector and assumed it was there for the edge connection, but couldn’t get it to align with the outline I created. Now I know, and will not make that mistake again… Not everything is clear about using foot prints unless one has previous knowledge and experience about them, my thanks to you too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.