Lock airwires to pads

Hello,
I find it horrible confusing that airwires jump around while moving parts. Is there an option to lock them? So that airwires will not switch parts as soon as I move something, but only when I want them to be recalculated. This is especially annoying when airwires start jumping to the other layer.
Best regards
Stefan

Ok this isn’t quite the same thing, but I remebered seeing this thread about the Appearance manager at the top right, under the Nets tab. Hide specific ratsnests in PCB - #9 by craftyjon where you can disable display of some nets.

Most of the wandering ratsnest lines are to power nets where it chooses that nearest point. If you don’t display those, you might get a semblance of what you want.

You can also manually toggle display of the ratsnest lines from the left toolbar.

I already found that, but it’s not that helpful. Is there an option to change the color of airwires depending on the layer? Like top: orange, back: cyan, between layers: green. It’s highly confusing if you have parts on both sides

Ratsnest lines don’t have layers since they can be replaced by traces and vias on any layer(s).

But the pads the are connected to have layers

Only if you have SMD pads. THT pads are on front and back. And even with single layer pads, you can weave in and out of layers in the routing with vias, so again ratsnest lines do not inherently have layers. They just join pins in a net.

Is there an option to lock them? So that airwires will not switch parts as soon as I move something, but only when I want them to be recalculated.

Sounds like you have switched over from eagle (ratsnest-command?).
I had the same impression at first, but got accomodated over time to that different behaviour (I know that doesn’t helps you personally).
As @retiredfeline said, there is no toggle to switch the dynamic ratsnest calculation off.
I’m also not aware of any open feature-request to switch off the dynamic ratsnest calculation.
So (sadly for you) currently you have to live with that feature.

Yes, I switched from Eagle, that’s why I consider that annoying. I managed by hiding many of many nets. But I certainly prefer the Eagle way. Back then I sometimes thought how annoying and would be feature if it could do that automatically. My option now: It’s not feature, it’s a bug.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.