Let's split keyboard with LED

Thank you! I will try with stitching vias. The orthogonal stripes idea is very interesting too.

Is there a way to auto route or automate the connection of the 2 GND pads in a footprint?
I found that the GND in the front and the back of this footprint are not connected.

So, I found Protip: nicer via stitching
If I use around 24 via stitches in this 110mm*100mm board, is it too much?

Or if I use the via stitching script https://github.com/jsreynaud/kicad-action-scripts , it looks like I can use an array of via stitches in a large amount.

Will there be any problems when I add many via stitches like this?
Should I minimize the use of via stitches?

Some board houses have a limit on holes before they charge more so check with they place you are using.

as @hermit pointed to - this limits / extra charges come from more use/time in drilling all these holes!
and holes are weaker as full material here - so - eventually with this stitching you making it mechanically extremely worse…
if you do some vias in a finer line you could use it to ‘break-away’ parts of the pcb…

sunny greetings
stefan

You can also ask yourself the other question:
Does it have any advantage to put all those via stitches in?

Via stitches are uses for a few different things:

HF shielding (Does not apply here).
Heat conducting (Does not apply here).
Increased current handling (Does not apply here).
Tespoint access: Scope probe’s slide less easily (Does not apply here).
Mechanical strength: Ripoff prevention of traces (Does not apply here).
Mechanical strength of SMD pads for connectors. (Does not apply here).

You may have had some fun placing all those via’s (or wasted your time, depends how you look at it) but I do not see how they add anything to this circuit. And as others have said, it does increase the production cost of the PCB.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.