KiCADStepUp load board failed [solved]

@xzf16
it seems you have enabled the “Start Turntable after loading” option…
this option has a small bug (since long time)… it seems it is very rarely used

I’m going to fix it asap

If you uncheck this option, your board will be loaded just fine

1 Like

Yes, after I disable the ‘Start Turntable’ option, it works fine.

Thank you.

And I have another question, after I loaded the PCB file into freecad, if I do some modification in the KiCAD for the PCB file, how can I update the the change to the FreeCAD? I haven’t seen any update/refresh/synchronization button in the KiCADStepUp WB.

from the kicadStepUp-cheat-sheet you can push & pull pcb edge from FC sketcher

Hi Maui,

Maybe you misunderstood what I mean.

I mean, if I do a modification for the PCB file in the KiCAD, for example, I move a component from one place to another place, and then want to check whether the movement has a conflict to the housing or not in the FreeCAD, what shoud I do next? Press the ‘Load KiCAD board file’ button and choose the PCB board to load it again? But if I want to check the conflict after each movment, maybe these steps will cost much time. It’s great if we can have a re-load button or refresh button or update button, when I have a movement, I just need to press this button once and the loaded PCB in the FreeCAD will be updated automaticly.

And I think KiCAD also need this button to update the PCB file from FreeCAD simply instead of close the file and reopen it.

This is only a small suggention.

from the kicadStepUp-cheat-sheet
and ECAD-MCAD-collaboration
you can push & pull footprint placement from 3D model position

https://forum.kicad.info/t/kicad-stepup-a-seamless-ecad-mcad

All the pdf docs are available at the FC StepUp WB Menu

Oh, I haven’t see this video before, it’s so cool.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.